Reading Stack This Week


Reading different books always gives me happiness. I am so glad that my son has picked this habit up. For me to go into a library, bookstore, or even book-sale it just makes my world happy.  There is so many things out there to learn about. I am currently reading for myself gardening books, and herbal aromatherapy books.  The gardening for planting and knowledge of what goes with what in a garden best to grow.  As for the herbal books, I want to start relying on some herbs for health reasons and some for going toxic free in cleaning items in our home. Presentation is one of the things I go by when picking books. I know that is just crazy, but its the truth.
I like the way a cover looks. If it is presented well, I usually pick it up. So far it hasn't lead me wrong with reading a good book. Although the old saying is "Don't judge a book by it's cover". My mom was a big reader. It is un-telling how many books she read over her lifetime. My brother and I found notebook after notebook with titles written in it.  She always had at least 3 books going at one time, and usually one at my house going. So the love of reading was passed down to me from my mom. I have passed it to my daughter and now to my son. 

On to what we read this week together, my son and I. I got a few chapter books yesterday that are in the Easy Reading section to try with him. We read the Wind in the Willows a while back and it just wasn't his cup of tea at the time. He still like pictures.

Our books this week has been as listed.

Home by Carson Ellis  
We're all Wonders by RJ Palacio
Orion and the Dark by Emma Yarlett

The Artist Who Painted A Blue Horse by Eric Carle

A Child Of Books by Oliver Jeffers

The Three Ninja Pigs by Corey Rosen 
Schwartz

The Purple Kangaroo by Michael Ian Black

That is Not A Good Idea by Mo Willem
Mister Seahorse by Eric Carle 

I recommend all of these books to those with younger children. The book Mister Seahorse explained the different ways that fish carry their eggs, and which sex carries them.  In the book A Child of Books, it tells of reading adventures and what a child can be inside of these stories. Orion and the Dark taught a little boy not to be afraid of the dark.  It's stories like these that give children imagination and learning knowledge about fish or other subjects.  

If you don't read to your child, they are missing out on great adventures.  It's just like cloud watching, put yourself into the story and make it your own adventure. 

GET UP and GET to a LIBRARY, BOOKSTORE, or a BOOK-SALE today. 

READ TO YOUR KIDS!!!!



Comments

  1. Nice post :), very colourful.

    Best wishes
    zakladkadoksiazek.pl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it :) You should look up the background on the Artist who painted the blue horse! It's really interesting!! He wrote it about an actual artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will. Thanks for suggesting it. Love ya sis.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Good-Bye, A Tribute

What the Bible says--Issue 2

What the Bible says--Issue 3