Monday, May 8, 2017

Giving God the Praise

Personal information is just that, personal. I try very hard to never put that out here in cyber land. because the less you share the better off you are with people who you don't know personally. But I am going to share a little bit with you today. 

When DR.'s tell you there is a spot on your lung, your heart drops. Or at least mine did. Thoughts ran through my mind, it's all very scary. 

I am now on 10 weeks of being sick. Coughing, congestion, weakness, no energy the normal things that come from being sick. Called the DR, gave me a round of antibiotics. Took all of that, no better.  Started vomiting up phlegm, still no better. It went from vomiting to coughing up phlegm. Only this time the phlegm was different. It had blood in it.  So called the DR back. This time went in for an appointment to be checked. Now lets check your chest. Spot on lung may be the cause of this sickness. Further testing on the lungs. Prescribed another round of antibiotics. Here I am still sick, got one day of antibiotic left and did I mention I am on  week 10 of this mess?  Yes I am worried. Yes I have fear. Blood just doesn't appear, right? I know that I have chronic Bronchitis, that is nothing new. Could it just be pneumonia? Could the blood be coming from my throat where I have strained so much in coughing?  You see these are things that have ran through my mind up until the day I go for further testing on my lung.

Here I am, worried. I turn to the one person that I know is the only one to help me. I call upon God. I am now in the begging and pleading stage of prayer. I have a 7yr old boy who will let no one do anything for him, except his mother. Talking to God, was all I could do. I called upon Him to help me. God gave me this little boy late in life for a reason, we prayed for another child for 12 yrs. God answered.  So God, let me live long enough to see him at least raised into adulthood. My husband has already said that he didn't know how he would raise him by his-self.  Did I mention he is a momma's boy. Through and through. God, I know you can heal.  My trust and faith in you is strong. I went through praying quietly to begging to reasoning. It has been a rough few weeks. My church family prayed for me. My husband, brother, sister, children and extended family all asking God on my behalf for this to be good news and not bad news.

1 Thessalonians 5:17
"Pray without ceasing."

Then the phone call comes in. Benigned is the word they use. There will never be any sweeter word to my ears. No further testing recommended, nothing to be concerned about. God answered my cry, my plea, my reasoning. I couldn't believe it. God has heard me. A weight was lifted off me like no other weight. I was so happy to hear those words. God deserves all the glory for this good news.

I am still sick, yes. There will be further testing to find out whats going on. Hoping it's just the Bronchitis mixed with severe allergies. We will have to see, but you know what? GOD has this too. I have no doubt we will find the answers and that prayer will be answered also.

If you or someone you know is struggling or going through a health issue, Please tell them of God and what He can do for them. It's always by His will, each individual circumstance.  I know He did this for me and He can do the same for anyone. 

Matthew 21:21
"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

Mark 11:24 
"Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."

1 John 5:14
"And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us."

2 comments:

  1. My sweet friend I am praising Jesus with you! I will continue to be in prayer for your healing ! Gods got this and He doesn't halfway do anything at all! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you sweet lady! And so thankful that you got good news!!!! God is so good!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete