Sunday, April 9, 2017

What the Bible says:::Issue 10

What do we know about binding?

The bible says it in Proverbs 6. So it got me to thinking. Usually when we bind something we tie it up so that it won't be loosed. Right? I mean if I bind up a broken leg, I do it so that it won't move and that it can heal.  So i want it tight enough not to move around.  

What about binding God's word?

In Proverbs 6:20-21 says My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother: Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.

Proverbs 3:3 says Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

Proverbs 7:3 says Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.

What exactly do you think that the Lord is trying to tell us in the verses. As i read them a thought came to mind about something I have heard my whole life. " Peggy, read your bible, remember the words, because one day someone is going to take that bible away. If you store the words in your mind and heart they cannot take that from you. It will be with you always."  After hearing that growing up and even sometimes now, when I read those verses I knew exactly what it was talking about.  I am to study the bible, and save as much knowledge that I can of the bible inside of me.

Where does the bible tell me to bind them at? Where are we to bind the truth at?

In verse 6:21 it says to bind them continually upon thine heart. If I truly believe in something that is where I store it, in my heart. So that I can always call it back to remembrance.  

In verse 3:3 and verse 6:21 it says to tie them about my neck.  What is something we tie around our necks? Lets use an animal for instance, we tie a lead around a dog's neck so that we can lead it where we want it to go. So for the scripture to be bound around our necks, it means we are to let it lead us in our walk.  Matter of fact verse 6:22 says When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.

So we are to let it lead us, keep us safe, and let it talk to us. 

What else does the bible say? It says to bind it upon thy fingers.  What does that mean, you may ask? Well my interpretation is like this.  What do we wear upon our fingers?  I wear my wedding rings mainly and sometime other rings. They are precious to me.  People can see my wedding band and know that I am bound to a husband. It is a constant reminder to me that I am married.  Look upon the scripture as an ornament, something you cherish, a constant reminder like my wedding rings are to me. That we may have them always in view. That we may never forget the scriptures. Then we are to write them upon the tables of our hearts.

Isn't it good to know that we can read the bible and study and keep it all safe inside our hearts, around our necks, and upon or fingers. If we do these things no one will be able to take the scripture away from us. We will always have it with us. Praise the Lord for finding a way for us to do that. With how our world is heading it's a good thing that we preserve the scripture. 

May this be a blessing to you and yours, God Bless!!



No comments:

Post a Comment