So on to my findings.
Did you know there are two things we should not be ashamed of?
Why? Mark 8:38 says Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
Luke 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
Just those two verses tell us all we need to know if we deny Christ. If we are ashamed of Him he will be ashamed of us when He goes before His father and the angels.
Now on to the second.
2. His words. Because?
- They are God's words. John 3:34
- They are spirit. John 6:63
- They are life. John 6:69
- They will judge us. John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
- They are miraculous. John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
- They reconcile to God. John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
- And they bring answers to prayer. John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
There is a song that my church sings and it's called
"I'm not Ashamed".
In the chorus it says these words,
"I’m not ashamed to stand and say I love JesusI’m not ashamed to say I’m trusting in His Word
I’m not ashamed to lift up high the blood stained banner
Because I’m saved, I’m not ashamed"
Are you ashamed of these two things? Are you ashamed to admit that you know Jesus? Are you ashamed to speak his word and tell others or hide them in your heart? Are you ashamed of saying you love Him? Just remember, if you reject, deny, or show your ashamed, He will be the same of you.