Thursday, March 16, 2017

What the Bible says::Issue 9

Today as I was studying I came across some interesting facts from the bible. It is so good to get down an to actually study His word and learn new things. How will we ever know if we don't get in it.  I have been told since a early age to always hide His words in my heart so that if ever there comes a time that my Bible is taken away from me that I will have preserved the words in my heart. Every bible believer should take that stand and do just that. Learn and hide the words. 

So on to my findings.

Did you know there are two things we should not be ashamed of?

1. Christ
Why? Mark 8:38 says Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. 

Luke 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Just those two verses tell us all we need to know if we deny Christ. If we are ashamed of Him he will be ashamed of us when He goes before His father and the angels.

Now on to the second.

2. His words. Because?
  • They are God's words. John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
  • They are spirit. John 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
  • They are life. John 6:69  And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
  • They will judge us. John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
  • They are miraculous. John 14:10  Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 
  • They reconcile to God. John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 
  • And they bring answers to prayer. John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.  2 Corinthians 1:20  For all the promises of God in him are yea,  and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
Isn't that great news.  I am not ashamed of Jesus Christ. I am not ashamed of His words. 

There is a song that my church sings and it's called 
"I'm not Ashamed". 

In the chorus it says these words, 

"I’m not ashamed to stand and say I love Jesus 
I’m not ashamed to say I’m trusting in His Word 
I’m not ashamed to lift up high the blood stained banner 
Because I’m saved, I’m not ashamed"


Are you ashamed of these two things? Are you ashamed to admit that you know Jesus? Are you ashamed to speak his word and tell others or hide them in your heart? Are you ashamed of saying you love Him? Just remember, if you reject, deny, or show your ashamed, He will be the same of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment