What the Bible says::: Issue 6

Sorry for the delay in writing. As I have said before it just comes in spurts. Life situations or things that the Lord lays on me is usually where the story begins.  

So the Lord has put 2 things on my heart to write about.  One of those is easy and can be written about with out much study. The other,, WELL, let's just say it will take me a few days of studying to actually get out what He has for me to see.

But on to my ramblings.

We have all heard that saying " God will never put more on you than you can bear".  Is that a biblical statement? And if so,,where is it located in the bible? 

The Answer.

Well it's kind of not in the bible but it kind of is in the bible. 

The bible actually says and this is where that quote above sort of originated from.  1 Corinthians 10:13 - There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

The quote above leads us to think that the hardships and trials of this life will be bearable to us. It is misleading. The verse is dealing with the temptations of life and how we are living. When we are faced with temptation, and we all are, it is how we deal with the consequences of that temptation that matter. We can either choose the temptation or we can see ahead the consequences and choose not to go that way. God gives us a choice. God is faithful, he is understanding and gives us the choice to always choose the right thing to do. God is standing there and giving us the way out if we take it. He is that little voice we hear that says the things that are hard to hear at times, but know is right. We must resist sin at all cost. Temptations are sins. So you see He makes a way. That verse tells us that we can escape the temptation so that we may be able to bear it.

Where in the bible does it tell us that our trials will not be beyond bearing? Is there any verses that supports this? Yes there are several promises that God had given us to support that statement.  For instance  

Exodus 14:14 - The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

Joshua 1:9 - Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest.

If you have God in your life, He tells us that he is standing with us, He is fighting the fight for us, where ever we go He is with us, we are never alone.  

Here is another that tells us our trials are not just ours to bear, but the burden has been lifted and will be easier with his help.

Isaiah 43: 2  When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

What a grand thought to know that no mater what may come upon us HE is always there to catch us and keep us safe.

Out temptations, and our trials are both handled. I am thankful for that little voice I hear when being tempted that tells me to turn and not make the wrong decision. I am thankful that when I feel as though the world is upon me that I don't have to travel alone. I am glad that I know who stands in the gap for me. Trails come and they go, but there is one that is faithful to us all and will never leave us.  Let temptation's come, because I know that no matter what, that temptation will be able to be escaped, He says he "WILL" with the temptation make a way escape so that it can be bared.  Just knowing this satisfies my soul. 

May God be with you in all that you do. May He keep you from temptation and may He bring you through every trial because you are not alone. 

Sound in, let me know what your thoughts are.

Comments

  1. I've often been told this and never took the time to see where exactly in the bible it was located. I'm glad that I finally know! Thank you for sharing, as always I really enjoy your insight and Godly wisdom! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Good-Bye, A Tribute

What the Bible says--Issue 2

What the Bible says--Issue 3