Let's talk LIES

So here I go off on one of my ramblings. In the last few days I have been asked about lies or more so LYING.  We all know it's wrong. I mean it's even one of the 10 Commandments, right? But why then do people feel the need to lie? Why do they feel the need to ask people to lie for them?  It is beyond me. I mean I am talking about people you would never think about asking you to tell a lie for them. 

What exactly is a lie? Webster's defines it as, to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive

Let's face it, lying will get you no where. It only leads to more lies. Then the more you lie, the more you have to invent more lies to cover the ones you already have.  

I wish those that lie had the same condition that Pinocchio had. That their nose grew every time they spoke a lie.  That would be one way to find out if you was being lied to.



Why??? I mean really is it too hard to tell the truth?  Admit your wrong doings without deceiving others.  I am not saying that I have never lied, of course I have. But as a adult and one that tries hard to be the very Christian that God would have me be, tries very hard to always tell the truth. I have been told by a few that if you don't want the truth, don't ask Peggy. Truth is hard to hear sometimes. It hurts others, but it can also help. 

Try harder to tell the truth no matter what the outcome. Your only deceiving yourself more than you are anyone else. It doesn't help in any way, because the truth always comes out in the wash.

MY BIG OL' RANT FOR TODAY. Feel free to add anything that may be a help for someone struggling with this in the comments below. 

BLESSINGS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Good-Bye, A Tribute

What the Bible says--Issue 2

What the Bible says--Issue 3