Friday, January 6, 2017

Where has Manners WENT??


Just putting this out there.

Where has manners went?

The other night as I went into a local gas station, a man probably around my age walked in at the same time. He proceeded to go through the door first and then didn't even hold the door for me. I am still a woman aren't I?

I wanted to ask him if he was raised where men was superior to women and thought nothing of manners toward a woman. But as I have often said God clips my tongue shut many times, to show I have manners in not provoking anyone to anger. 

Moma's PLEASE teach your son's to be courteous to a woman. Teach them manners. Teach them to still open a door for a woman and let them pass by first. Teach them to be polite in conversation around a woman. 

The bible says : In Ephesians 4:29  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 

Not only this manner, but the many others like Saying "may I" instead of "can I", "thank you" instead of "thanks", or what about even "yes please" instead of "yea".  Just to mention a few of my pet peeves.


man·ner
ˈmanər/
noun
plural noun: manners
  1. 1.
    a way in which a thing is done or happens.

    "taking notes in an unobtrusive manner"

    synonyms:way, fashion, mode, means, method, system, style, approach,
    technique, procedure, process, methodology, modus operandi, form
    "it was dealt with in a very efficient manner"
  2. 2.
    a person's outward bearing or way of behaving toward others.

    "his arrogance and pompous manner"

    synonyms:demeanor, air, aspect, attitude, bearing, cast, behavior, conduct;

So what do you think?

Do you think a man should still let a woman pass through a door first?

Do you think a man should still hold the door for a woman?

SOUND in on comments. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh how do I ever agree with this one! Nothing makes me crazier than that! I know the only way we can change things are by teaching our boys to do the right thing! My biggest thing is teaching my boys to help me bring the groceries in when I get home from the store. This is really important to me. Thank God for Godly women who want to raise Godly kids! Good to hear from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am training my son to do the same thing, bring in the groceries. He whines and complains about it at times, but i tell him that he is supposed to help his mother and he just does it. Its funny how the things that our parents taught us didn't seem important then, but now we see why they did. thanks for rading friend.

      Delete