What the Bible says---Issue 5

So today was another long day. Filled with homeschooling, house keeping and catching up on a show that I absolutely have fell in love with. But even through all that I took time to do my bible study.  I feel as though we should give God time out of our busy day regardless of how busy we may become. If you could just give him 30 minutes out of our day it would help you. 

On to me telling you about my study.

I read over in Jeremiah 29:11-12 Which says::

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

What is God telling us in these verses? God uses the word "I" twice in verse 11. He is saying that it is He not false prophets who knows of his plans. No one knows the plans of God except God.  We often do not know our own minds let alone could we ever begin to know what God's is. We often fear about what God plans to do with us and have a fear that He is against us. To HIS own people he will give the expectations of their faith, not of their fears. 
Then comes the call out to Him.  God says that he will hearken unto us. Which means he will show us mercy when we call out. He wants us to go and pray. Which means to go to our prayer closets, or to the house of worship, and get down and call upon Him. He gives us the spirit to ask for it in prayer. He wants us to walk in his ways, pray without ceasing to Him, make our petitions known. 
He hears us pray. He listens to us, and He will answer in His way and His time. 

God has never failed us. I love that if we are a child of God that he thinks of us in peace and not evil. Even though we are sinners everyday, He still comes with mercy. He still shows us love and compassion. We don't know what He thinks of us, and could never even fathom what His thoughts are. But we do know one thing, He sent the most precious gift to us that we could ever receive. He sent his son to die on a cross for our sins. He didn't have to save us from our sins. He could have let us all die in our sin. I am reminded of a song that is sung at my church. "ALL For ME" Its true He done it all for me.

may this be a blessing to you.

Comments

  1. Thank you for your digging in deep with the bible verse and sharing it with us today! I agree, you need to prioritize bible study time! I find that in order to do so I have to get up way earlier than I would like too! When everyone is awake the house is too chaotic, but when I do make the time, my entire day is different! Love ya! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Good-Bye, A Tribute

What the Bible says--Issue 2

What the Bible says--Issue 3