Monday, January 9, 2017

What the Bible says--Issue 2

In the study today I read a verse in Psalms and it brought to question, how are you building and who is at the root of it?  You see when we take on a building project we have to start somewhere, it is usually at the beginning, we usually lay that corner stone first.  But you see there is some that think that you can build walls before you lay a foundation. 

In Psalms 127:1 it says Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.


So you see in this verse it's telling us that we need the Lord to build a house. Whether it be an artificial house, such as the temple, or the royal palace, or any structures for that matter. Solomon built many structures, but they would have never succeeded without the Lord. Of all things that we build or build upon it will only succeed if it depends entirely upon God's blessing. Psalms 127 verse 1 states that it is VAIN to attempt it otherwise. In all affairs we must look to HIM. Not only in building a home, a business, a city, or even a kingdom. We should look to God in everything we choose to do.  

Matthew Henry who composed the Complete Commentary of the old and new testament from 1708-10 says this. 1. For raising a family. If God be not acknowledged, we have no reason to expect his blessing; and the best-laid plans fail, unless he crowns them with success. 2. For the safety of a family or a city. Except the Lord keep the city, the watchmen, though they neither slumber nor sleep, wake but in vain; mischief may break out, which even early discoveries may not be able to prevent. 3. For enriching a family. Some are so eager upon the world, that they are continually full of care, which makes their comforts bitter, and their lives a burden. 

That there says a mouthful. So lets keep our building straight through the Lord's blessing. We labor in Vain it says if we try otherwise. No matter what our skills, our strengths may be all are in vain unless God is in it. We are to be watchmen also, that guards what we build.  It's safe keeping must depend on God alone. Our safety, out health, everything that we are depends on God. We as just mere humans cannot go it alone and build what is good with out our Lord. 

I pray that before any of you start to build a family, a business, or even a house; you take the advisement of God. Consult in Him before making a decision in life that may crumble with out Him. He is our helper when we are in need. 

Psalms 46:1 says God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  So let Him be your strength, let him be a refuge to you when trouble does occur.

May this be a blessing to you and yours.

9 comments:

  1. I loved this, and how true! I've tried to build a lot of things myself, and find that only the things that I allow him to build are steadfast and permanent. The other things crumble and fade away. I'm thankful for the things I've given over into his hands to build!
    Love the new blog look, and I love love love the fact that you joined the community ! I hope we can encourage one another and reach out to others across the blogger world to share Him! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to share the word. We need to let those out there that may not know the Lord what he can do for us. Thank you for inviting me to join the community of other Christians.

      Delete
  2. I am so proud of you for stepping out to be an encourager of the Word. Evangelism is so powerful. Even if you only had an audience of one....that makes an impact for the kingdom of heaven. Keep up the glorious work for the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. i have had this blog since 2013, but I just blog when the mood hits me. I need to get better about that. Thank you for the encouraging words.

      Delete
    2. That how I write my music on the piano. I can go a long time and no inspiration. ..then one day in 10 minutes, I write 3 songs. No joke. Keep up the great work Sis! I'm proud of you! ♡

      Delete
  3. Hi Peggy and thanks for sharing your, faith, love and trust in God. Loved your post. I know how it is when I don't rely on God in my daily affairs. Every time I go it alone the results are nil but when I abandoned myself to Him my life is blessed. GBY my friend in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. It's hard at times to just give it all to Him and not pick it back up off that altar. I am guilty of doing that myself. Going it alone has always put me in a position I didn't like. God bless you.

      Delete
  4. Great blog very relevant to all aspects of the Christian walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Preacher Stephen,,I appreciate that. Keep going on for the Lord.

      Delete