Friday, September 9, 2016

The summer the Devil tried hard to destroy

I'm back!!! Did you miss me? Well let me just tell ya it has been a long and not so hot summer for me. The devil has really tried to get in there and just destroy everything.  So here goes.

June wasn't so hot, I was sick most of the month. Couldn't get out and do to much. Health is hard at times to deal with. I am just thankful that I rely on God to get me through when I am having issues. My husband and I both had to start a new regiment this summer to control different health issues that we have. But we made it through the month of June, with help from above.  But here comes the next month.

July,,,UGGGGG. What else can I say? It was the most awful, horrible, terrible, worst month that we could have had.  The fourth of July went great. No problems, until that fatal call that came on the seventh.  A phone call that we all wish we didn't receive.  One of my husband's brother had passed away. 49 yrs old. Still young and life ahead, but he was gone. We saw God work in a awesome way through this tragedy. From not knowing how the funeral was going to come together, to seeing it completely taken care of. That was a But God moment. No matter how awful the situation God still comes through.  Then a few weeks later my mother went in to hospital.  We had the hope all was ok, a simple procedure. She had gone through it before with no problems. This time she was just a little more sick. But still she should have came home after all was said and done. Well that didn't happen, on the 29th of July my mother passed away. that was the worst for me and my brother. At 59 yrs old my mom was gone. That is so hard to not have either parent. There is a reason for everything. 

August!  I had surgery the day after burying my mother. I guess I should have taken time and rescheduled but I just went ahead and got it over with. It wasn't a major surgery, and Praise the Lord I am cancer free.  That was good news, but then my husband's uncle passes away. So here is another death in the family. That makes #3 for us, how much worse can this summer get.  That was all the tragedy for now. So here it is September and all seems well so far.  Continue to pray for me and my brother and husband. We all lost very special people this summer.

Peggy McCoyle
SAHWM and Homeschool Supporter

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Peggy I am so sorry! I will be praying so so hard that the rest of the year is better for you guys and I am so so sorry for your loss :( You're an inspiration to find good in all of that loss. Love you lady

    ReplyDelete