Pablo Picasso and homeschooling

Well this makes the third time that I have tried to publish this, so we will just have to see if it will go through this time. I hope that it works. For some reason Blogger on my phone will not publish. I am not always at my computer, so it's nice to be able to blog from the app.  Any WHO!!

Yesterday we met with our home-school group and had a Art day. I taught the kids facts about Pablo Picasso and his life and his art. In his lifetime it is estimated that he designed over or around 50,000 pieces of art.  In his earlier beginnings he didn't sign his art, so it is un-telling how many pieces that he designed. He is famous for Cubism, a form of art. His art is also one of the most popular for theft.


 In Cubist artwork, objects are analyzed, broken up and reassembled in an abstracted form—instead of depicting objects from one viewpoint, the artist depicts the subject from a multitude of viewpoints to represent the subject in a greater context.


After leaning about all that he done we finally got down to the fun part. Painting. I gave the kids a few pieces of his art work and had them either copy if they chose, or design their own. It all turned out so good. Some chose to copy his work in their own version of it and some did their own thing.  Here is a little view of the art the kids did. Plus the one that I copied, it's not perfect but it's how I viewed it and I am far from being an artist. HAHAA



Me teaching about Picasso, I'm holding a picture of Dora Maar one of his muse's.

All of the art from the kids and the moms that joined in the fun of painting. 

Well here it is. My version of Portrait of Picasso 1938.  Yeah I have a long way to go in becoming a artist. 

My son and his Underwater Sun Set as he named it.  You can see some of the Picasso Art that I displayed for the students to get an idea of what to paint.


What fun this was.  if your looking for something to do with your home-school group, I would recommend picking a artist and let them use their imaginations. This is for all ages, our youngest was I think 3yrs old.  Blessing to all.

Peggy McCoyle
SAHWM and Homeschool Supporter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Good-Bye, A Tribute

What the Bible says--Issue 2

What the Bible says--Issue 3