Best Friends Wedding

Me and Becky
Proverbs 18:22 “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, And obtaineth favour of the LORD.”


On Saturday November 21, 2015 I was blessed to be a part of my best friends wedding. I have known her since third grade. 


As we grew up, I moved on before high school was over and got married myself. I had my family and lived away from my home town for many years, twelve to be exact.  A few years after moving back to my hometown I reconnected with Becky. We have been inseparable since.  I have been with her through the ups and the downs as she has for me. I have watched her survive through her divorce, and grow stronger. 

When she met Will, it was all of the sudden, but one I felt would be good for her.  I knew it would be just a matter of time. When she called me that Sunday and said are you sitting down, I knew there was something up. She told me how he had purposed to her and she had accepted it and the wedding was in a month.  Yep we threw this wedding together in a month. Hard to believe but we did it.  We went dress shopping, flower shopping and brides maid shopping. The month flew by. Will seemed to make her happy, so I never questioned the fast pace for this marriage. They are such a cute couple and I know that he will be a positive influence in her life as well as her children's life.  The main thing is that he has shown her that he will be there for her and he will go to church with her.  That was one of the main things that was important to my friend. She needs that reaction with church, she need that man that would be there with her in church.  I pray blessings over this union that I witnessed.  I pray the Lord will continue to let them grow as man and wife and let him grow as a father to her girls.
The wedding party, minus the flower girl and sign bearer.
As they grow and come to know each other more and more, I pray their love for each other will grow. God can do a mighty work if He is allowed to be in all.  Help, me to pray for this new union.
Beautiful family
 Ephesians 5:33 - Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Their first toast as man and wife.
 Matthew 19:4-6 “And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”

Do not, it will ruin my dress. 

Comments

  1. So sweet! I will be praying for her! I think Lacey knew her daughter, Brittany maybe? She really thought the world of her! If God is in the center, they will do awesome things together and He will bless them abundantly! I didn't know you lived away from here for so many years! Where did you live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got married an moved to where my husband is from. We lived close to where you are moving to just 2 counties away lower than where you will be. Yes she has a daughter Brittany. I will have to tell her what Lacey said.

      Delete
  2. That's exciting :) I'm nervous about our journey.. I lived in Cullowhee for six months when I was in college at Western, but my family have never lived outside of this area!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Good-Bye, A Tribute

What the Bible says--Issue 2

What the Bible says--Issue 3