School Is Almost In Session

As many of you know we homeschool. It's no big secret. I am a number one fan of homeschooling.I don't think there is any other way than to train and teach your own children.
As the old saying goes "I've seen the village and I don't want the village raising my children."
That being said school will being for us next month. Only with reading the first month. In September we will begin all other subjects.  I want to spend more time in reading to make sure he is getting what he needs. Reading is a big part of life and without it, getting along in the world is rough. So we will begin with " Teach Your Child To Read In 100 Easy Lessons" by Siegfried Engelmann. The lessons look easy enough, and since he knows his letters by sight and sound this shouldn't be too hard.  The first lessons are on sounds not the letter. I am looking forward to learning to read with my little guy.
Teaching Kindergarten is going to be new to me. I began homeschooling when my daughter was in 6 th grade.  So I never began at the beginning. 
We desire your prayers to help us through this journey.
Blessing to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Good-Bye, A Tribute

What the Bible says--Issue 2

What the Bible says--Issue 3