Blessings

Well here I am at it again.  I don't write often but when I do its because I have something that I need to share. Today I am  going to be writing about blessings.  I go through everyday and don't even realize what blessing are being bestowed upon me daily.  I don't go throughout the day looking for them, that is for sure.  But I see them when my day is done and thank the Lord for giving them to me. 

What is a blessing? Merriam-Websters defines it as....
: approval that allows or helps you to do something
: help and approval from God
: something that helps you or brings happiness

Blessings can come in all shapes and forms.  It can come in as praise, devotion, worship, grace, mercy, a divine gift, or even a special favor.  

One of my favorite bible verses is this Philippians: 4:19 But MY God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Jesus Christ.

Our every need has been supplied throughout every day. There has been nothing that hasn't been taken care of.  We worry about things and then the Lord works them out for us.  We have often wanted for more, but always received exactly what we needed, nothing less and nothing more, Except what he has blessed us with.  

This morning I read this:: When we remember that our strength is a result of God’s grace, that keeps us humble. It went along with my blessings, for his grace is one of those blessings.  When I think back on my day and see that it's by his grace that I am alive, it's by his riches I am fed (physical and spiritual), It is then that I see just how many blessing I do receive. 

When your down and out, sit back, and look at what is around you and what your being blessed with.  It's those little things that you don't realize that matters the most when you see them.

My prayer is that your home will be filled with many blessings, in an abundance, through HIS riches by Jesus Christ.

Peggy McCoyle
SAHWM and Homeschool Supporter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Good-Bye, A Tribute

What the Bible says--Issue 2

What the Bible says--Issue 3