Saturday, July 19, 2014

This week in our Pre-school Journey

This past week was a great week for us on our pre-schooling journey.  We went and visited our local caverns.  The cavern is called Linville Cavern, it is located in McDowell County NC. It was discovered by a man named Henry E. Colton in the early 1800's while on a fishing trip.  The inside is beautiful.  Filled with stalactites, running water, a bottomless pool, and even bats in the winter months.






Also this week we got in quiet a few books in for reading.  My little one loves to read. I am glad that he does, I am excited to learn him to read. We are already practicing with stories that have clue pictures of the words. He loves that, and it gets him involved with the story as well.  The books we read this week are listed below.

1. Yertle the Turtle and other stories
2. Chicka Chicka 123
3.Tuesday
4.Kate and the Beanstalk


My prayer is this will be of help to you in some way to get you reading with your little ones and to go exploring.

Peggy McCoyle
SAHWM and Homeschool Supporter




2 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited that you're blogging again!!!! I can't wait to keep up with you! I'll check into your book suggestions, my Huddy is quite the book worm and we've decided to home school him this year so I will def be looking to you for your suggestions. :) He LOVES Berenstein Bears.. I actually have a full curriculum based around them i'm thinking of using for him. Anyway, I'm glad you're writing, I haven't been to the caverns in years, I bet this was FUN for your little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacy, I do not know how often I will write. I thought it was time to go at it again. The mood has to hit me to do so. Anytime I can help you just let em know. The caverns was fun, he was a little bummed about the bats not being in the cave at this time of year, but other than that it was fun.

      Delete