Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Its been a while

Hey there all, its been a few months since I sat down and actually wrote anything in this blog. I was thinking about just getting rid of this since I never really use it, but the Lord spoke to my heart and I know that I can use it to be of some good to someone out there that may not know Christ.  I am forever running across blogs of people that help me, so I am praying this blog will do the same thing for someone. Being busy as I am, makes it hard to sit down sometimes and write.  I love to write, and put my words out on something that I can see and read for myself.  I have several pen-pals and I enjoy writing to them, however it is sporadic.   Life happens to us all. Sometimes our lives get busier than they should be. The bible says in:

Proverbs 23:4  Labor not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom

I can assure you that  I am not being busy because of getting rich.  I take things upon myself mostly for what we call around here a "good ol' boy deed".  In other words I help people because it is in my nature to do so. I am a servant, always have been.  Not for payment either. The bible says in:

Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Which means I have a yearning for compassion, and its not merely an act, but in my spirit and affection.  My heart is filled full of compassion for those that I serve.  With meekness, because it is one of the traits that God has, I am to make an effort to make it a part of me also. To be a servant you must be able to humble yourself. It doesn't come naturally, it is a trait that is to be worked on; for our pride gets in the way most times.  We must bring ourselves low in order to get to that place where we can serve.

So if I get to busy to write, just know that somewhere in this world I am helping someone that needs that little extra care.  Pray for me, and I will pray for you.

Peggy McCoyle
SAHWM and Homeschool Supporter
 

No comments:

Post a Comment