What Christ did for Me





 With Easter around just a few days away, let me share with you what Christ did for me.  In a little area of  Western North Carolina, at a baptist church called Chestnut Grove Baptist, I received my salvation.  The year was 1991and I was 14yrs old.  I was with friends at this church and prayer had taken place at the alter, because church was ending. Alter call had been given and several people had went down to the alter.  One of the people that I was with had called my name out in prayer and I heard it, I was being rebellious, I didn't move to go to the alter.  Someone was calling my name out in prayer. The prayers in the church had gotten intense and all I wanted to do was leave.  I didn't want to be there. What I did next was try to run out the back of the church, but before I could get to the door to go out the Holy Spirit had stopped me in my tracks and I fell to my knees at a pew in the back of the church and accepted Christ as my savior.  The preacher and his wife both prayed with me there at that pew in the back of the church.  I accepted Christ into my heart. Its not a grand story, but its my testimony, and its a grand one to me.  I am not going to tell you life has been all peaches and cream to me.  I have fallen short many, many, many times and will continue to do so throughout my lifetime.  What Christ gave me sure was sweet though, and He accepts me.

 You see just when you think you can keep running the Holy Spirit comes by and stops you from running anymore.  My heart was broken that night, as I allowed the love of Christ to flow into me.  Christ went through what all He had to endure for me, He bore each and every strip of that cat of nine tails on His flesh for me.  Each step he took up Calvary's hill he did so for me.  As they nailed Him to the cross, each time the hammer drove them nails into his hands and feet it was for me.  When they pierced His side it was for me.  Its hard to wrap my mind around all that he did for me, someone one who is not worth all that much.  But GOD said "I was" and that means the world to me and much more.  Listen to this song, this is how I feel.  Who Am I by Casting Crowns.  These lyrics speak mountains to me::: Not because of who I am,
But because of what You've done.  Not because of what I've done  But because of who You are.

If you don't know Christ, I am begging you to go searching for Him, let Him do for you what he has done for me.  He is never to far from you.  Romans 10:13 says For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.  That means you.  Just call out to Him and ask for forgiveness and ask him to save your soul from the retched Hell that your in today.  If you want your life to be filled with sweetness and to always know that there is one that will always be there for you through thick and thin, just call out to Jesus.

My prayer is that if your lost, that you will be found, if your hurting you, will have no pain, and if your in need of a friend you will look no further but to HIM. That you will become His, In Jesus name I pray these things for you.  Amen!

Peggy McCoyle
SAHWM and Homeschool Supporter

Comments

  1. This is a beautiful testimony! Thanks for sharing! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Good-Bye, A Tribute

What the Bible says--Issue 2

What the Bible says--Issue 3