Have you witnessed lately?


Has the Lord ever told you to go and witness to someone and you just didn't bother with it?  As I was sitting here today, I got to thinking about witnessing.  That is a dying art it seems to me.  You don't hear of people much going out and witnessing to their neighbors anymore.  Churches don't get out and go to peoples houses and try and invite or witness to them anymore.  When I was growing up I knew of several churches here in my area that got out on Saturdays and went around to the local housing complexes and invited people to come to church and told them of the church van and said they would come and pick them up.  I rode a church van to the first church that I can remember going to. But it seems like less and less people are spreading the gospel anymore.

The Gospel means the teaching or revelation of Jesus Christ. The bible teaches in Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Why are we not going out and teaching about Jesus to our neighbors anymore?

Here is where I would like to brag on my pastor and my church just a little.   My pastor goes out every Saturday if he is not sick or working all day and visits the people in our church that may be sick or just not been to church in a while. Sometimes some of the men from the church will go with him sometimes he goes alone.  He talks to them about Jesus and what the bible says, and invites them to church.  If we know of someone that could benefit from a visit from him all we have to do is ask for them to go and visit that person.  I thank God for a pastor that will work for the church in all things.

So back to my original question, Has God ever told you to go and witness?  I know he has several times to me.  I always gave an excuse in the past, but here it seems as I grow more and more in the Lord he is impressing upon me to go and witness to those that may need to hear it.  He wants me to be a light in someones life.  If I can do just that one small thing for Him, it still wouldn't repay what He did for me!  Witnessing can be as simple as calling someone and sharing the word with them, visiting someone and talking with them about the word, or handing out tracks with the word in it to passerby's.  As for me; I am going to try better in doing my witnessing.  Lets try and knock on more doors this year, Whose with me?  Prayers would be appreciated for me as I do as the Lord would have me do.

My prayer is that this post will inspire someone to go and do for the Lord. May God bless you.

Peggy McCoyle
SAHWM and Homeschool Supporter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Good-Bye, A Tribute

What the Bible says--Issue 2

What the Bible says--Issue 3