The start of the New Year!

I haven't written in a while, so this will be brief. My family and i started off this New Year by being in a church service to ring in the new year beginning. My husband was invited to preach at this service. Even had he not been invited to preach we would have still been in a church service somewhere that night. As the old saying goes "What you do on New Years Eve when 12 midnight hits, is what you will be doing all year." So I guess me and my family will be in church all year. The bible says in Psalms 100:2 - Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.  That is what we did in that church service we sang and praised the Lord.

I am so glad that the Lord impressed it upon mine and my husbands heart to take our children to church. Maybe what we are doing will in some way rub off on our children and instead of being out partying on New Years Eve somewhere they will want to be in church also.  Acts 16:25 - And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.  Isn't wonderful to know that you can sing praises unto HIM and be heard.  There was sixty seven people that showed up to attend Watch Service. Church let out at 1 am.  Such a powerful movement of the Holy Spirit was felt.  I know lots got help that night. Hoping to ring in another year doing the same.

Sitting and waiting for all to get to the church so we could start.

Talking with friends before service.



So what was you doing on New Years Eve?  This is what I was doing.  May you have blessings from this post. Until next time, God Bless.
Peggy McCoyle
SAHWM and HomeSchool Supporter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Good-Bye, A Tribute

What the Bible says--Issue 2

What the Bible says--Issue 3