When a Storm Comes



What do you do when storms come into your life? Is it hard or do you just ignore it and think it will eventually go away? What can family do to help you through these storms? What can friends do to help? Who do you turn to? These are all very good questions. They are all hard to answer. Sometimes when a storm comes there is no one or anything that can help you through it, but GOD. I seem to rely on my God alot, and here lately it has been quiet a bit. As my latest two storms have came, I have felt like there is no one that I can turn to but Him. I know I should not feel that way. The storms that I face can only be taken care of in time. It can not be hurried, rushed or even put aside. The bible states in

Psalm 107:29 He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still .

Mark 4:39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

This gives me great comfort to know that He can calm my storms.

Sometimes when storms come its hard to know that He is still with you, because you don't feel that way at all. Just rest assured that He is always with you. I am reminded of a song that is sung in my church sometimes.

IN GOD'S HANDS

The storms may rage, the winds may blow
Cares of Life come against my soul
In troubled times I know just where to stand
No safer place to be than in God's hands
In God's hands I'm in good hands
My soul is safe and secure
In God's hands, sweet assurance
It's good to know I'm in good hands

Sometimes it seems a trial lasts too long
It scarcely past, and I must face another one
But when I've done the very best I can
It's time to leave it in God's hands
In God's hands, I'm in good hands
My soul is safe and secure
In God's hands, sweet assurance
It's good to know I'm in good hands
Weary and feeble I turn
to the solid rock strong and firm
In God's hands I'm in good hands
My soul is safe and secure
In God's hands, sweet assurance
It's good to know I'm in good hands
It's good to know, I'm in good hands


I am safe in His hands just as this song states. My fears will be taken away and a sweet peace of comfort will come to me. I thank Him daily for all that he does for me and my family.

My prayer would be that this would be of a help to someone.


Peggy McCoyle
SAHWM and Homeschool Supporter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Good-Bye, A Tribute

What the Bible says--Issue 2

What the Bible says--Issue 3