Friday, October 25, 2013

Wonderful day with my MOM

Me and my Mom at a Mothers Day dinner


Today when I awoke it was 31 degrees out side, but I was glad that God allowed me to rise one more time to see the sun rise. Usually on Friday's it is the day that I spend with my Momma.  You see my mother is one of those ladies that never got her license and doesn't drive.  There are several of those ladies still here in the south that is just like her.  So today is the day that I take her around to do all her business in town.  Every week we go and pay bills and shop at thrift store. This is the most precious time that I have to spend with my mom.  She is getting up in years and she is all alone, my dad past years ago.  So you see it give me great pleasure to spend this time with her.  She gets to spend time with her grand-children, which gives her pleasure as well.  It blesses me each and every time I see her smile and have fun with the kids.  I know they bring joy to her heart.  Proverb 17:6 Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.

The Bible says in Ephesians 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; 

I feel as though I am honoring my mother by doing what is right in the eyes of the Lord and taking care of her, just as she took care of me. The promise that was giving was that your days will be long upon the land by honoring them.
I thank God each day that I have a Momma. I don't just have a mother, but she is a Momma. She listens and comforts when needed. For those of you that don't have that time with your mom, I feel sorry for you. For those of you that do have your mom, enjoy all the time you can with her.



Mom when she was a little girl

Mom in Highschool


My beautiful Mom

Peggy McCoyle
SAHWM and Homeschool Supporter

No comments:

Post a Comment